Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Book Club

Dear Biblios,
  February is an awfully short month. I find it difficult to believe that I am once again spreading text across the page of an email to send my submission for the newsletter. While I have been stumbling around in the Land of Oz, I think I must have succumbed to the spell of the poppy field a few too many times. I have learned of, or realized, many gaps in the peaks and valleys of my cerebrum during the last few months.
  I must make huge amends for one of these 'sleepers' and beg forgiveness from Sue Marshall for a very unintentional, temporary brain fade. In my January Book Club article, I failed to thank Sue for giving us a terrific start to the holidays of last Christmas, when she gave her review of our November book, The Christmas Hope. We had a very good turnout that evening and we all really enjoyed a great time together to close our 2010 year. As late as it comes, Sue, please accept our many thanks for your efforts and sharing. I am  grateful to all of you who help out in the many ways you do to make Book Club a success.
  I do have a way of getting myself in hot water!  That lesson of life seems constantly to evade me.  As you know, the timing of my last article allowed me to report on the wonderful evening we had with Bill's presentation of Les Miserables, so I will say no more. However, before you get too comfortable, we are still in the early part of the year and have a whole lot of great times ahead.
  March will be no different and should bring a smile of recognition for a well-loved, inspiring author. We will be moved and captivated with the incredibly fascinating read of the family who asked . . . and answered, ultimately at great cost . . . the age old question, "If not us,...who; if not now,...when?"
  Please join us to get reacquainted with the Ten Boom family and their extraordinary show of courage as Barbara Stott brings us the masterpiece of The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. This author’s spiritual beauty resonates throughout the story with a purity of heart we can all aspire to as she relates the saga of her Dutch family in Nazi-
occupied Denmark. Corrie Ten Boom's life itself is an extension of the Ten Boom family’s profound strength and faith. It will be an evening well spent among friends. . . see you in the hiding place, it could change your life.
The Hiding Place Keeper
Kris Humphries
801.963.9706 or 801.808.9783

Book: The Hiding Place
Author: Corrie Ten Boom
Presenter: Barbara Stott
Place: Kris & Kay's Hiding Place
Date: Tuesday, March 29th
Time: 7:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment